Beacon Ridge Productions is a small, boutique concert production firm
The creation of Marie and Adrien Bachand, Beacon Ridge Productions presents 50-60 curated live music events each year, with concerts held at a variety of Victoria venues ranging in size from 150 to 750 seats.
Beacon Ridge Productions also presents a popular and long time running concert series that takes place between September and June in the Upstairs Lounge, a licensed restaurant and bar located at the Oak Bay Recreation Centre. The focus of this concert series is presenting national and international touring artists from a variety of musical genres – blues, bluegrass, jazz, gypsy jazz, old-time, folk, Celtic roots and more.
Company founders Marie and Adrien Bachand have more than 60 years of combined experience in the Canadian entertainment industry. They have produced fitness, educational and musical programs nationally and internationally. Marie’s experience and strengths are in artist management, tour scheduling and media and public relations. Adrien brings with him more than 35 years of experience in contract negotiations and business management.
Past productions include:
- City of Victoria’s Annual Father’s Day Ceilidh in the Park
- Victoria Fiddle Society’s Annual Fiddle Fest
- Annual West Coast Django & Jazz Festival
- Perfect Fit – a series of exercise programs for syndicated television
- Panorama Classic Triathlon and UVic’s Tin Man Triathlon
Marie has been extremely involved with the fiddle and folk music community in her past role as Vice President of the Victoria Fiddle Society and in her ten years as Section Head for Fiddle at the Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival. She has organized cultural exchanges, including a federally-funded Youth Exchange between young musicians from Vancouver Island and Cape Breton Island. She currently serves on the Canadian Folk Music Awards, FACTOR (Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings) and JUNO Awards jurying boards.
Beacon Ridge Productions is a member of several music industry associations, including Folk Alliance International, BC Touring Council and Music BC. The company regularly attends national and international contact events, workshops, music industry seminars and festivals to scout for new artists and network with agents, venues and performers.
In addition to Eventbrite, tickets are available here:
- Directly from us by calling 250-812-7978
- Oak Bay Recreation Centre, in person or by phone (250) 595-7946 for shows in the Upstairs Lounge
- Munro’s Books for any concerts NOT being held at Oak Bay Recreation Centre
- Royal & McPherson Box Office occasionally carry tickets to our larger concerts, please check with them